Friday, February 15, 2013

Dare I Put It In Print?

I hesitate to put this in print, to make it "official" but, I feel great. I mean, I really feel great.

I know, you're probably wondering why I would hesitate to share this. Well, it seems that just about every time I think things are starting to look better, wham. Something happens. The last several years have felt like 1 step forward, 3/4ths step back. I'm trying to not dwell on this. I mean, let's face it, life is a series of good and bad things. We hope for the good, but the bad doesn't happen if there's too much good. It just happens because that's how life is.

And right now? Life is feeling pretty good. My energy is coming back. Physically I am feeling great. Mentally I am feeling great. Great. I know I'm using that word far too many times, but I can't stop saying it. I mean, I really do feel great!

Last week was the turning point - I think my body just hit a point where it started to feel healed. I can't lie: having energy and not feeling pain? Is amazing. That in itself was an instant mood lifter. It allowed me to get out of my own head so to speak. {Yes. I was stuck in my own head and it was more than time for me to get unstuck.} So things getting better, helped things get even better, if you can follow that!

It's been good for everyone. It feels like there's a sense of normalcy around the house again. To do lists are being tackled. The house is getting (mostly) cleaned. Schoolwork is getting done. All of this is good, but more importantly, we're having fun again. Laughing, working on fun projects together. I feel like I'm really connecting with my family again.

I don't know what tomorrow will bring. I expect there will be a few more bumps along the way, but I'm not going to think about that now. I'm going to try to enjoy this. This moment. When I'm feeling great.

Just in case though, I'll probably knock on a lot of wood ;-)

5 comments:

  1. This blog post makes me so happy!! I totally know what you mean about putting that in print:-) It's kind of scary to say it because what if that changes tomorrow but I think it is great that you wrote this. When we physically and emotionally heal it does wonders for ourselves and everyone around us!! You are a true inspiration and it is about time for you to feel some happiness. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am just so happy for you. You've been through so much. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so thankful and thrilled for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:59 PM

    test

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous7:04 PM

    Sounds great!

    ReplyDelete

Seeing your comments makes me smile! Thank you so much =)