Wednesday, December 07, 2011

Popping in quickly ....

Just a quick note - and you are going to want to read until the end my friends.

So I kept getting sick and landed myself in the ER Monday morning. They checked me in and held me overnight and I came home yesterday afternoon.

While I was in the ER, the oncologist came to visit me and I asked him if he could give me the bone scan results I had last week. He pulled them up and let me know they were "inconclusive" and we'd need to check the spot that was on both the original and this scan. I can not tell you how much this news frustrated me. But since I was already in the hospital he ordered an x-ray of the leg and told me if that didn't show what was going on, we'd do more exploration of the area. I felt crushed.

Anyway, I had an appointment with him today and kept it. And today he let me know, the spot on my leg that was popping up on the bone scan? It was benign! Nothing to be worried about! So, it's official, I AM ALL CLEAR!!!! There is at this point and time no detectable cancer in my body anywhere. I still can't believe it. I'm so relieved, so happy, so just completely over-joyed.

And now I'm going to go because I feel like I need to celebrate and also? Still rest as I'm still not all clear of the bronchitis that sent me to the hospital. But? At the same time I'm feeling absolutely fabulous and just so grateful to get such wonderful news today! =)

8 comments:

  1. So, so happy for you. Thanks for sharing; your good news made my day that much brighter! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is great news! :)

    I have officially had my last chemo treatment today, although I will still be receiving Herceptin treatments every three weeks until July. I can live with that, it has lots less nasty side effects. Now I can schedule surgery for January and follow with radiation. I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brandie! This is such fantastic news!!! Go celebrate with your family:) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:42 PM

    Thanks for sharing your awesome news, Brandie - it completely made my day!! Once the bronchitis is gone, go celebrate big!! xo Chris, San Diego

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:12 PM

    I am THRILLED to hear this!! So so so very happy for you, and your family!!! God Bless you, Brandie!! ((((GREAT BIG HUGS))))

    Love,
    Stacey Hargis-Kible

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous4:33 AM

    YES! Yay! Hallelujah!! Glory to God. I am happy for you, your family, us.....This is fabulous news.

    Thank you for sharing it with us.

    Enjoy your week!

    Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad the new is great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Happy Happy DANCING!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Seeing your comments makes me smile! Thank you so much =)