Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Worn Out

I'm so worn out right now - mentally and physically.

I have always admired working moms because the little experience I have had with it just breaks me in so many ways. All summer I worked weekends and most weekends only one of the days, not both. That I can handle.

Now I'm working 2 full days during the week and 2 weekend nights. And it's just breaking my spirit in so many ways. Mostly because the days I have "off" are spent at piano lessons, the library, shopping, Awana, this activity, that activity, this place to be, that place to be.

I am a self-proclaimed home body. I LOVE to be home. I love to just hang out in my house and relax. And I'm hardly home anymore. And the times I am home I'm cramming in laundry, cleaning, cooking, baking, sweeping, scrubbing, bathing, sleeping and eating.

I can NOT wait for October to be over. I'll be done with work then. I can go back to being a homebody. Back to mostly being at home. Back to finding a few moments to breathe and relax and hopefully feeling less worn out and broken.

1 comment:

  1. Brandie, I've been feeling the same way lately, and I don't work outside the home at all. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete

Seeing your comments makes me smile! Thank you so much =)