Sunday, June 17, 2007

Books, and more books!

I have some reading to report on ... not much else really to talk about. Frankly no one around the house has given me time to work on much else. The reading I can fit in quite easily while out and about and playing outside with the kids and a bit before bed - can't quite do that with the sewing/embroidery machine though! Dh is planning a day trip out with the kids to kind of give me some time to just work on whatever I want - woo-hoo!

In the meantime, I'll talk books.
I finished The Nazi Officer's Wife. Really, what can I say? I can't imagine going through that and having to live such a lie. I think I would have cracked under the pressure and not have survived. God bless her for surviving and being so strong. I did read it and think my problems aren't nearly that big and if she can survive that, well, I can survive crabby kids, not enough sleep, too many piles of laundry, etc. Definitely a great book to read.

Also read The Faith Club: A Muslim, A Christian, A Jew-- Three Women Search for Understanding. Another book I highly recommend. Definitely made me think, definitely made me wonder and challenged me in some ways. Very interesting to see how they came together, what issues were the hardest for them to work out, and how they overcame those differences and became really great friends. Nice. Made me really wish I had people to talk to like that frankly! LOL!

And I finished Key Lime Pie Murder (Hannah Swensen Mysteries). I have not yet read any of the Hannah Swensen mysteries and although this is the newest release, it was my first read. I'm not sure if I was more tempted to finish the book or go and bake some of the recipes in the book! I have not yet cooked anything in it though. I have decided that I will photocopy all the recipes before returning this book to the library though =)

That's it from here. Hopefully sometime this week I will have some non-reading posts to share!

1 comment:

  1. I am reading The Faith Club right now, it's very very interesting to me. I long for a women's club of any sort to join.

    ReplyDelete

Seeing your comments makes me smile! Thank you so much =)