Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Tired Is The New Black

*Just a reminder that I am part of the Netflix Stream Team and I am getting compensated for sharing this with you, but as always, all opinions and thoughts are my own!

Y'all, I'm so tired these days, sometimes I don't know if I'm coming or going!

We've been quite busy around here. Lots of driving to and fro. Between all of us, from last week and this week, there will be 9 doctor's appointments. Spread out over 4 people, but still. 9 times I have to drive myself or someone else to the doctor. And we're still in the throws of our school year. Because some children took advantage of us moving and didn't always get schoolwork done when told to (and no, they aren't terrible children. They're just children. And prone to get distracted much too easily).

And cleaning. And cooking. And softball. And dance. And camps. And physicals.

And well, I'm sure you understand. I feel confident if we were sitting in a circle, we'd all be nodding along, saying "me too!"

But still. I'm so tired. I haven't had much time to nap. Which sounds like a silly thing to complain about, but remember I have doctor's orders (well, okay, orders is a bit strong, maybe suggestion), to nap.

And there's a lot of knitting I'm NOT getting done.

The days fly by. It's summer. But I'm still waiting for the days of lounging by the pool while the kids run around with friends and play.

I know, I know. Have some cheese with my whine, right?

No cheese, but I have been staying up late every night to indulge in some Orange Is The New Black. I started this show back when season 1 came out on Netflix. I watched the first few episodes and wasn't sure. It's not exactly my normal kind of show. But some friends encouraged me to stick with it. And I'm so glad I did.



I love this show. Okay, I could do without some of the more, um, graphic scenes. And as I start to play an episode each night I silently pray that the kids or granny won't wake up and walk in at an awkward scene.

That aside, the characters are great. I love that we are learning about more than just Piper. Red, Tastee, Big Cindy, Nicky, Mr. Healy.

That is my gift to myself. At the end of the night. A chance to sit, get a bit of knitting done, and enjoy a show that brings a smile to my face.

I think things will taper down a bit soon. We're a lot more unpacked. We got some yearly doctor's appointments done and over with in the last few weeks. And then I'll want to be outside, reading in the hammock, playing with the kids, hanging at the pool. But for now, I'll get through the day and then sit down at the end of the day and enjoy an episode (or two) of Orange is the New Black. And I'll wake up tired the next morning, lather, rinse, and repeat.


1 comment:

  1. We just bought Amazon Fire so we can both watch my Netflix subscription. We're currently watching our way through Law & Order together.

    I haven't watched Orange is the New Black yet. I can't get into prison shows. I'm waiting for season 3 of House of Cards.

    ReplyDelete

Seeing your comments makes me smile! Thank you so much =)