Sunday, January 02, 2011

Life

My year hasn't started as planned at all.

My aunt (who was also my godmother) passed away late last week. This was pretty shocking and unexpected. And I still feel a bit stunned, and very sad. She was always very generous to me - I always got a card for my birthday and a little something for Christmas. One year she gave me a gorgeous little teddy bear (I love teddy bears). He had the sweetest green overalls on. Sadly, I was a kid and I have no idea what ever happened to that bear, but I did love it! I even wrote a little story about him for school once! Every so often, as a nice surprise she would leave things with my mom for my kids. And she, like me, was a talker! She could talk and talk for hours (actually I think pretty much all the females on my mom's side of the family are like this. And it's where I got it from!).

I'm thankful for the memories I have to hold on to, but I will miss her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Seeing your comments makes me smile! Thank you so much =)