Monday, January 03, 2011

Happy New Year!

Hope you all had a wonderful new year and that 2011 is a wonderful year for you and your family. I hope that whatever year 2010 was for you, that you have some really great memories to hold onto in your heart from it.

Although my 2011 is starting with a lot of sadness, we still rang the new year in in a good way. Which was nice. And better than sitting at home doing nothing (which was our other option). We drove about 5 hours into Wisconsin and hung out with my dad's side of the family. 3 males in the family are getting married this year - all to nice fiances I think. So there was lots of hanging out and a surprise game like the old Newlyweds game - and they were all great sports about it. The kids played, I talked, snapped a few pictures, relaxed a bit and had a lovely evening.

Of course, at midnight we all gathered and sand Auld Lang Syne and welcomed 2011. I took my traditional midnight photograph of the kids. (on a related note the first time they are not with me on new year's eve, not being able to snap this picture will be the saddest part of it. I might have to make them promise to get a friend to take the picture!!) I've done this every year since my oldest was 2 months old! Even taking it of them if they are sleeping! Or if they happen to be 5 and overtired and not very cooperative at the time (ahem. You'll see!)


IMG_9946

IMG_9953

IMG_9952

Anyway, happy new year! =)

Also, head on over to Dupage Mamas to see why I won't be making resolutions this year!

2 comments:

  1. That is an awesome idea. I wish I had things like that I'd done with the wee ones. I only have the first day of school pictures tradition. *sigh*

    Then again, all mine so far would be of them sleeping....

    ReplyDelete

Seeing your comments makes me smile! Thank you so much =)