Because I needed a new project just about as much as I need another whole in my head ... (meaning I have a billion unfinished projects, still no Halloween costumes, and still not working on Christmas gifts yet) .... I went ahead and started a new project this week.
So we had this laundry basket of clothes that don't fit. I pretty much always take old clothes to either goodwill or pass them on to other families. This year though I changed things up again. Mostly, because well, just because I could!
So I started cutting things apart. I can't lie ... I didn't start with a plan. I just took things apart and then looked at all and figured out I could do a quilt. So more cutting took place to get some squares.
(5" squares if you are curious)
Interestingly enough, at about this point the kids started to get excited and wanted to help. So I told them 1. No two pieces the same touching and 2. No two pieces with patterns touching (because we didn't have as many of them so I wanted to make sure they were spread out). And set them off to the living room floor.
And after not too much time the floor looked like this:
I've carefully pinned things and kept them in order of their row. I haven't started sewing. I hope I get to it soon because they seemed excited about it and so I want to finish it soon!I promise to keep you all updated as I work on it. And soon I will have some other finished projects to share (yay!!!)