Thursday, July 31, 2014

Pokemon!

*Just a reminder that I am part of the Netflix Stream Team and I am getting compensated for sharing this with you, but as always, all opinions and thoughts are my own! 

My 8 year old is kind of obsessed with Pokemon.

And by kind of, I mean, absolutely and completely obsessed.

So, we've been watching a lot of Pokemon on Netflix these days. And getting Pokemon cards. And reading a lot of Pokemon books.

We're lucky that Netflix has a lot of Pokemon. July has been a little chillier than we expected, so there's been less time at the pool and more time hanging out at home.

Pokemon has helped fill the time for Mister Man.

The thing I love about Pokemon is that it doesn't just exist in the television. We don't have a lot of rules with our kids about watching tv, but we also don't want them on it all the time. Pokemon works well - he can be obsessed with it, but that doesn't mean he spends the whole day watching tv.

We can watch a few episodes on netflix, but then after that, we can pull out our Pokemon cards (our collection has been growing this summer). Mister Man has been playing with some of his friends. We've also been checking out a lot of Pokemon books from the library. There are chapter books and some graphic novels. The chapter books are just at his level, but he also likes the graphic novels a lot too.

We've had the Pokemon cards around the house - my middle daughter was into it a lot when she was about the same age. We even have some Pokemon stuffed animals around the house. But it was only recently that my son discovered the television show. And he's in love! Which means I'm in love.

It's kind of perfect when your kids can find a new love that can be a show to watch, a book to read, a game to play, and a toy to snuggle!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Seeing your comments makes me smile! Thank you so much =)