Monday, November 09, 2015

Time Off

The last few weeks have been a bit stressful on me.

October is always a busy month around here. Three-fifths of my house work a part-time seasonal job, the husband included. Which makes me a bit flustered.

Throw in the enlarged lymph node and the anxiety that that brought with it.

Frankly, I'm exhausted.

I'm also behind on some projects I wanted to accomplish this year.

So about a week ago, I decided to take a break from whatever I could take a break from.

Invites I declined. Places I decided to not go. Requests from others turned down.

A small break.

Even though I don't often have much to do. A time to say no-thank you to the few things that popped up felt really nice.

A nice break from a busy October. As we gear up for a busy December.

And maybe I can get a few steps closer to completing some of the tasks on my year's to-do list.

It was a good thing. And I almost don't feel guilty for declining invites and saying no.

To be fair, I thought we might have been learning I had cancer, and I knew I wouldn't want it to be out of the house while dealing with it all. Thankfully, that was not how the weekend unfolded. But a break was surely nice.

Time off. It's a good thing.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Seeing your comments makes me smile! Thank you so much =)