Friday, November 13, 2015

Heart Breaking

Bombs and shooting in Paris.
Bombs in Baghdad.
Bombs in Beirut.
Earthquakes by Japan.

My heart hurts.

My head hurts.

I'm not sure what else to say, except I sit here wondering if peace is really out of reach of human hands.

I firmly, and strongly, believe that most people are good. That most people are kind. That most people want to be helpful.

But those that aren't?

They are causing so much destruction and heartbreak and heartache and pain.

I want better for people right now.
I want better for my children.
I want better for my grandchildren.

I don't know how to get there though.

I do know that right now, in this moment, my heart is breaking, and this world feels broken.

But I won't give up.

I'll be doing what I can to make a difference and to make the world better. I'll educate my children and talk to them about what's going on. I'll tell them how I look at it. And I'll tell them what I think we can do.

I won't allow hatred or bigotry or revenge or fear take over my heart and my mind.

It doesn't feel like enough. But it's what I can give. It's what I can do.

And in this moment, I am sending love and prayers to all those hurting tonight. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Seeing your comments makes me smile! Thank you so much =)