Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Live Blogging ...

From my local Barnes and Noble (courtesy of my cell phone - which when plugged into my computer, allows me to access the internet which my darling husband discovered last week for me when we researched ways to get the internet while I am traveling).

Anyway, I am at the store because today was NOT a good day in any way, shape, or form. And frankly, I needed to leave my house. It was so bad that even my 8 year old said "yes mom, please go out and relax because you had a bad today." Which I think she said to make me feel better about leaving, but instead made me feel worse :-(

Oh well. I am out of the house. I am supposed to be relaxing, but man, I feel all wound out and I'm not the kind of person who can relax in a few moments and then feel all better. And I'd like to point out the B&N is freezing! I'm gonna pretend they just want to reduce the amount of heat they are using to be more eco-friendly, but really? It's FREEZING in here. And. They don't have outlets anywhere for me to plug into. Which is sort of annoying because I can't plug the computer in. I know, I know. Isn't it enough that I have a laptop I can bring out and a cell phone that gives me internet access free of charge when I am away from home. And my lovely family encouraged me to come out and get a break? Nope. It's not. Because I'm in a mood. And when I'm in a mood - well, really nothing is good enough! LOL!

So, anyway, I'm here. And I'm still whining. I guess that means I didn't get the point of getting out of the house to relax and enjoy myself.

I did do a bit of shopping. Except one book I wanted to get doens't come out until April 1 (no wonder I couldn't find it when I looked around). And I can't remember the other titles I was hoping to get. Bummer. [except the beauty of the laptop is that I just went to amazon.com and checked my wish list and saw the title of the book. ::phew:: Seriously, how did people live before computers?!]

Anyway, I am getting two things. Bend the Rules Sewing book because I've heard nothing but good things about it and I've been wanting it for a while. And The Green Guide magazine. Which raises an interesting question - if I wanted to go really green, would I buy a magazine? Well, I'm buying it to check it out and then if I really like it, I'll decide to subscribe to the digital version or the paper version. But I wanted to check it out first, and buying it seems the way to do that.

Oh well. I'm going to sign off now. And I'll try really hard to stop whining and get into a better mood. Tomorrow should be a good day - I am going to check out our local indoor farmer's market (Which I just discovered over the weekend) and I can't wait to see what good things I can find there! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Seeing your comments makes me smile! Thank you so much =)