Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Honk and Holler Opening Soon

The Honk and Holler Opening Soon by Billie Letts is mostly another quick, easy read - one that leaves you feeling all warm and fuzzy in the end.
Where a group of people are brought together, all with thier own issues, and then together work on those problems together. Although this book wasn't as light as others and did have some parts that didn't fit into that happily-ever-after-ending, you still felt that everything would be okay if you met up with the characters in a few years from the end.
This is the second book I have read by Letts .. I read Where the Heart Is several years ago and this book was along the same lines as that one and I remember that one kind of leaving me with warm fuzzies at the end.
I like books like this because they are quick and easy to read, make me think a teeny bit, but not too much, and sometimes in life, that is the kind of book I just need. I have a feeling I will be sticking to these light books for the next couple of readings.
I have started 3 heavier, deeper books over the last few weeks and I just can't devote the time and attention to them that I would like and so have set them down for the moment.
Anyway, I do have to say thanks to my friend Tracy who recommended it to me ages ago. I finally got around to picking it up and she was right, Honk and Hollering is a great book!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Seeing your comments makes me smile! Thank you so much =)